Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Miracles of Every Day

We know miracles happen every day.  Whether it is a great last second shot, a chance meeting with someone, or the simple gift of life.  When we simply acknowledge these everyday gifts, we expand our vision of the possible, and allow more goodness to flow into our lives.

We had a recent experience with a stove burner of all things.  For a year, one of the gas burners stopped working. We called the repairman that fixed the other burned and he said that a new part was needed.  He later called to say the part was no longer available and that the burner could not be fixed. The range was only 9 years old, so in disbelief and refusing that the part was unavailable, I called the manufacturer Thermador and inquired whether this part was available.  Thermador informed me that the part was discontinued. I guess they want to sell you a new range!

The other day while turning on the burners the burner that had not worked miraculously started working.  I thought Wow are you kidding me! How does this burner work and why does it work?  There is no logical reason why the burner works and yet it works. I am amazed. Perhaps it was not really broken, perhaps it unstuck itself, perhaps there was a clog somewhere.  To me that is unimportant.  The important thing is to be grateful for all shows up.  

The burner is fixed and I am thankful and grateful.  When these little miracles show up in my life, I have learned not be too logical and ask how, how, how but just smile and accept the gift with gratitude. 

Another thing crossed off the to do list. 

Thank you!

Tom Kaufmann
Coach K
tkaufmanncoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment