Saturday, June 1, 2024

A Special Day of Golf

 

May 31, 2024   Skippack Golf Course Par 70;

What a special day of golf.  Playing with my son Alex and Brother in law Pasquale at Skippack golf course I was able to chip in from below the green on the Par 5 2nd hold for a birdie. The shot was 20 feet below the green so you could not see the surface of the green.  I just clipped a 60 degree wedge perfectly I knew it would be close and then Alex yelled Dad it went in! 

Moving on to the next hole a 160 yard par 3 slightly uphill protected by two bunkers.  Alex hit a nice shot just off the right side of the green.  I pured an 8 iron 15 feet below the hole with a nice look for birdie.  Alex proceeded to chip in for birdie and then I made a bending putt that made a right turn and went in at the top of the cup for a follow-up birdie.

The 10th hole is a par 4 slight dog leg right of about a 350 yds with woods on the right.  I hit a nice drive that drifted slightly left leaving me a 110 yds in light rough. I had to carry the bunkers and try to land it softly to get close to the pin that was tucked right over the sand traps. I decided on the 60 degree and hit it perfectly I saw the ball land about 4' feet from the cup and roll gently into the hole for an Eagle 2!

We had an little match with Uncle Pat and his friend Steve and as we headed to the short 120 yd par 3 18th hole all square. Alex hit a 52 degree wedge 10 feet below the hole and then sank the birdie putt for the win!

The rest of my scoring was just average shooting a weak 92 but in my 40 years of golf I can't recall having two hole-outs and an Eagle 2 on a par 4 so a wonderful special day on the golf course. 

 

With Love,

 

Kaboom

No comments:

Post a Comment