Friday, January 16, 2015

Liquify Your Vitamins

Vitamins

Many of us take vitamins to make up for the lack of nutrition we get in our daily meals.  When I experienced pain in my lower back one day, I thought it was food poisoning.  After the pain went on for several days,  I knew it was something else. 

The pain was so severe that I wound up in the emergency room.  As I stood hunched, the admitting nurse diagnosed my problem immediately, kidney stones.  One of the first questions, I was asked was whether I take vitamins.  Since I do take supplements,  I learned that digesting the vitamins can stress your kidneys and digestive system. 

I wanted to continue to enjoy the benefits of supplementation, but wanted to avoid the side affects. Today, when I take a supplement I either dissolve it in water or if it's a gel will bite down on the gel releasing the fish oil or other product.  Same with capsules, just separate the capsule and add to your water.  Whether its cinnamon or other product just add to your water, juice, or smoothie. 

This takes some getting used to, but once you start your tastes will adapt to the "earthy" flavor of the various supplements you use.  By aiding in the digestive process and eliminating these tablets, capsules, and pills from just sitting in your stomach, you hasten their ability to enter your bloodstream.  Hot water will aid in dissolving. 

Give it a try. Simply add you vitamin or supplement to your water, juice, or smoothie and enjoy the benefits of healthier supplementation.

With Love,

Coach K
Tom Kaufmann
CoachK

3 comments:

  1. I dissolve vitamins for my son who cannot swallow pills. He's on about 14 pills, gels and capsules. I freeze them in ice cube trays so he can just pop it in the blender with his smoothie, peanut butter etc. Do you think freezing them affects the vitamin. One is alpha lipoic acid and when it's not frozen it's very acidic tasting, but after freezing it the acidity disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mom! Thank you for the comment and the tip on the ALA. First it's nice to have a Mom that cares for her son so much! I believe freezing the supplements is ok for the most part. If you are juicing his/yours Greens, Veggies, and Fruits this our best nutrition. Cod liver oil and other wonderful products that are already in liquid form may be one of the best way to enhance our nutrition. The most important health contributors is our attitude and our "self talk". We are strong, We are healthy, We are fit, We are Alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to share the information. Its very useful
    buy vitamins

    ReplyDelete