Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Love Letter - True Love

Maureen, Reeno, a friend of mine passed on Saturday night, she was much too young at the age of 56. Reeno is a generous, kind, selfless person, and a great lover of children. She taught me

How to be a Lover, to love something bigger than yourself
How to be a Giver, even when you think you don't have much to give
How to be a Server, even when there's nothing in it for you
How to be Kind, to help someone at the moment they need you
How to be Selfless, always putting someone else in front of yourself

Reeno never had children of her own, but every time I talked to her she was raising another child in need. She helped raise over 20 children in her home all with limited means! When I tried to talk about financial matters or put the focus back on her, she always pushed me away. She had more important things to do.

Jimmy her husband and lover for over forty years never questioned her, he learned that her mission and his was to help these kids survive and thrive.  It was several months before we last spoke, she called me last week and we talked. She wasn't feeling well. I told her how much she meant to me, thanked her, and let her how much I loved her. We were planning to get together when I learned of her passing. She passed in Jimmy's arms on Sunday night.

Reeno taught me about unconditional love. She loved me and her other children unconditionally. She was one of those people that would do anything for you. She never had a lot of money, a nice car, or a nice home but Reeno and Jim would always share whatever they had. It always amazed me that they had so little yet gave so much.  Some day I hope to be as rich as Reeno. We all should be as wealthy.

Farewell my Love. And thank you I hope you know how much you mean to me and to so many others.

Tell someone how much you love them today and give them a nice big hug.  In honor of Reeno, please remember to help that child.

All the Best and Continued Success.

Much Love,

Tom Kaufmann
Coach K
http://www.tkaufmanncoaching.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment