Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tommy - A Love Story

Tommy

I met a wonderful woman while walking our dog Shay in the park the other day.  We were coming up the road, and a woman was standing next to her dog that was just sitting there watching the birds. 

Getting closer, I thought she was a dog trainer working on the sit command.   Our beautiful little Cavalier, Shay, could use a little training. We said hello and I asked about why her dog was just sitting there, she answered that since she was 14 years old she could do what she wanted.  I smiled in agreement. 

She went on to tell me that the lab/pit mix was named after her husband Tom.  I said you must really like your husband and she responded Tommy was named in honor of his passing 14 years ago (insert foot in mouth here). 

Tommy was a rescue dog that helped this nice woman through her grief and became a companion to replace the love of her life.  She went on to tell me how Tommy was now not in the best health, but it was clear from their long friendship....

that both of them had been rescued. 


With Love,


Tom Kaufmann
Coach K
CoachKaufmann.com

No comments:

Post a Comment