Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Infinite Patience

Infinite Patience

The saying goes infinite patience brings immediate results.  Say what.   In other words, when you set your goal and work towards it, be patient, be resolute, and know that you will accomplish your desire. 

This past Saturday the Temple University football team beat the Penn State nittany lions for the first time since 1941.  Temple had lost 35 straight games some of the games were close but many times Penn St.  simply dominated the owls.  As a someone that attended Penn St. and graduated from Temple, I had been watching the games since the early 1980's and attended many games in person. My two brothers graduated from Temple and our family has been life long fans. 

This past saturday's game was played at Lincoln Financial field, home of the Philadelphia Eagles, where 70,000 fans filled the stadium.  I was planning to go but decided against because I didn't want to be disappointed yet again.  I watched the game with our family and jumped around the room when the clocked ticked down to 0.  Temple had finally beaten Penn St. something that many Temple alums never experienced in their lifetimes.  

During the jubilant celebration, I was overcome with a sense of regret and a tinge of sadness.   I should have been at the game to witness it in person, to celebrate with the community, but my lack of faith caused me not to go.  Ye of little faith. 

Temple football has struggled over the years some good teams but mostly bad, but on this one Saturday time stood still, the underdog won.  Stinky, lousy Temple beat the winner of several national championships,  the powerhouse Penn St and I could exhale

and smile. 


Go Owls!

With Love,

Tom Kaufmann
Coach K

No comments:

Post a Comment