Sunday, March 13, 2016

I Hate Love

I Hate Love

I hate love that's what my son said when we were discussing young relationships where the person was totally absorbed and not as engaged with their friends.  We chucked at the expression and asked him to elaborate, he said, "well you know he doesn't hang out with the guys any more, he's always with her."

Of course, he was talking from a selfish perspective but it was an interesting way to express his feelings.  I use an expression with them telling them not to "play house" at too young an age and blunt the experiences of their youth.  We know many young loves, where they spend all their high school or college years together at the detriment of everything else.  Young love is fine but not too much too soon.  They need time to mature to know themselves before committing to a serious relationship. 

I hate love sounds ominous but taken in context was a really insightful way to say hey friend where did you go, I miss you.

With Love,

Coach K
Tom Kaufmann

No comments:

Post a Comment