Thursday, April 23, 2020

Power Tools

Power Tools

One of my friends gave me some valuable advice a while back regarding tools -

Buy the best you can afford. 

Especially, those tools you often and want to last a long time. 

For example, I used to buy the homeowner type product sold at the big box retailers.  And then I purchase a commercial blower used by the landscapers.  A Stihl model.  The blower has served me well for many years.  The thinking goes if the professional who use them every day for several hours per day use the product it must be good for the homeowner with average use.  

A recent purchase of an Echo trimmer reaffirmed my belief.  After going through inferior less expensive models.  The higher investment in the Echo was well worth when held in your hands and used for the first time.  The higher price was a bargain. 

Come to think of it the advice to buy the best you can afford applies to any investment you are making. 

I often prefer to buy a better used model than a cheaper new model. 

Coach K

No comments:

Post a Comment