Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Feed Yourself

We all know the importance of good nutrition.  When we eat fresh fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water we know we are doing right by our bodies.  When we eat junk food and drink too much our bodies become toxic, we become obese, we become listless.

But what do we feed our minds and our spirits.  What books are we reading, what news do we watch, what music do we listen to? Does this input inspire us, better us, advance us, educate or teach us.  If we want something to improve in our lives whether it is health, relationships, careers, business, or finances, it starts with us taking the first step.

I remember reading the classic "get rich book" Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill back in my 20's. We were raised in an environment without much money, so I wanted to learn all I could about how to become wealthy.  Thinking the book was going to tell about how to pick stocks or start a business, I found that the book really focused on a person's attitude toward wealth and success. That before you could become something, you first had to be someone.  That before I could experience wealth, I would have to think that it was possible.

From that first book, I have read and listened to many other classics all in effort to improve myself, to learn, to grow, to live a richer, fuller life. Yes, we need to spend time entertaining ourselves, but we also need to feed ourselves the good stuff, books, music, art, nature, activities, and friendships that inspire us, that bring us joy, that help us grow, that help us

Be Better Than We Used to Be

With Love,

Tom Kaufmann
Coach K
tkaufmanncoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment